Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Florida, Here We Come!!!!

Well it was a bright and sunny day when we awoke which always makes for a great travel day. We got up around 8:00am, took quick showers, and enjoyed our O'Charley's rolls for breakfast with our fab coffee. It didn't take us long to ready our coach for our day's travel. Today's goal: Jacksonville, Florida. Lee found a Super Walmart for tonight so I knew that I would have to be on my toes to give him the directions the closer we got.
The traffic was okay despite some construction. As we were driving, Lee informed me that we should look for a truck stop for gas since we didn't want to go through the same experience we had the last time we needed gas (gas light blinking, etc). Luckily we found an easy on easy off station. So far so good!!!
I made some lunch for us on the road and used our ottoman as a serving table. It fit perfectly between the driver's and passenger's seats. Not too shabby. Beats the heck out of eating out of your lap.
I looked up and noticed that we were only 7 miles from the Florida border. This has been a great day!!!

No comments: