Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Georgia On My Mind

Our visit in Red Bay was a great opportunity for us to see just how the Tiffin company took care of its customers.
We were also able to take a tour of the factory which was fascinating. Our tour leader, Red, was in his early 80's and had been with the company for years. What a sweet guy!!!! He knew tons of facts about how the coaches were made and we found out that only 100 Zephyrs were made annually compared to the Allegro product. What an awesome experience to see the coaches built from the ground up (literally).
After a quick breakfast we said our goodbyes to our new friends and promised to keep in touch. Now we were on our way. Lee and I took a look at the atlas and noticed that we would be heading to Atlanta. This was great since my sister lived in Marietta and the possibility of hooking up with her for dinner was looking pretty good.
I called my sister and made plans to meet up at the Walmart in Stockbridge, GA off of I-695. This was going to be a special time for us since we had not seen each other in over a year and a half.

No comments: