Thursday, September 9, 2010

Things I've Never Seen Before in Yosemite






As Fall approaches, we all use pine cones to decorate for the upcoming holidays. Well I just had to share some pictures of pine cones which I am sure most of us have never seen before. The pictures on the left show a pine cone in different stages; a fleshy green stage, a partially eaten green pine cone, and finally a pine cone that has been consumed and its dried out remains. This just fascinated me!!! Don't ask me why.
Also, the picture of the red plant was of interest to me. The plant is called Snow Flower and has no chlorophyll at all and grows wild in the forest. Isn't that amazing????
The Yosemite forest had so many interesting facets. I am quite surprised at my own childlike excitement when discovering these things for the first time; so much so that I just had to show you these pictures.

No comments: