Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Dallas, Texas

When I think of Dallas I always think of the day JFK was assasinated.  So, of course, one of our stops in Texas had to be Dealey Plaza and the JFK museum at the Book Depository Building.  It always amazes me when you are able visit the sights you have heard so much about!  I was about 13 years old when Kennedy died and I remember being riveted to my seat watching the events unfold on the television.  Visiting the Kennedy Museum and standing on Dealey Plaza was quite emotional....it helps us remember the tragedy but it also reminds us of what we should do going forward...continue our efforts for world peace.  The pictures below show the Grassy Knowle, the exact spot where Kennedy was shot (the X), and the route of the cars turning down Elm Street (the Book Depository Building in the upper left corner where the shots were fired)



After we finished our visit, we walked a couple of blocks to the Historic West End which boasted of numerous restaurants. We chose the Spaghetti Warehouse where we dined in an old railroad car and enjoyed sumptuous pasta dishes and glasses of chianti. It was a good day!

No comments: