Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fabulous Route 2 North



We were sorry to leave Hearthside Grove today, but we spent an enjoyable driving day on scenic Route 2 North up to Ironwood, Michigan. Funny enough, on route to Ironwood, we actually left Michigan, went into Wisconsin, and then came back into Michigan. As we left Mackinac City early on in our trip, we drove on the beautiful Mackinac Bridge. It was a shame that it was overcast but what beautiful views you have when it is sunny. We were told by someone on the ferry that on July 4th, they close down one lane of the bridge so people can walk across it.
As we drove along, Lee and I admired the beautiful lakes with their beaches, numerous golf courses which Lee especially liked since the land was pretty flat and level, and the little towns along the way. One particular town, Crystal Falls, caught my attention. As we passed through, I noticed a sign which read "Fungus Fest". I couldn't resist and had to take a picture through the windshield. I couldn't stop laughing. This was a hoot. What could a Fungus Fest be??? I wish we could have found out!! Oh well!!! I may have to google it when I have a chance. I think I might have to make it my mission to photograph as many bizarre signs as I can. I just have to have my camera ready.
Well, we are pretty tired this evening and I am going to make us some dinner. So, bye for now.

No comments: