Sunday, August 8, 2010

On The Road AGAIN!!!

I am writing you from Herkimer, New York which is famous for their diamond mining. We are staying at a KOA Campground right across the street from the mines. We had taken our boys here many years ago where they had the opportunity to take pics in hand and try to mine for some diamonds. It was a lot of fun back then to watch them in earnest to find their hidden treasure that would make us rich. I have to say that the experience itself made us rich in memories.
Well, where do I begin. Should I start on Friday afternoon at around 1:00pm when I realized my Jeep wouldn't start!!!!!!!!!!!! Considering that we were supposed to tow our Jeep behind the motorcoach, this was quite the unexpected challenge of the day. We must have had a guardian angel watching over us since Lee was able to jump the battery, and our very dear friends at Lee Auto in Auburn were able to diagnose and fix our problem. Our battery was really in bad shape but they took care of it for us knowing of our travel dilema. Thank you Kim, Shane, and Scott!!! Thank goodness this happened at home and not on the road.
So.......now we were still on schedule to leave on Sunday. Saturday was packing day or should I say packing day and night. It went on forever but the weather was simply perfect (sunny with no humidity).
So we woke up early today, ready to go, only to find that Lee can't get our motorcoach generator to start. He checked our BATTERY level which was showing a fair charge. Now what....another BATTERY issue???? Give us a break!!! So Lee thought that if he started the coach there would be a trickle charge to the batteries, but no such thing. Another angel must have been on a mission since eventually the generator did start and we kept it running until we decided to leave. I am glad to report that our battery charge did improve and we chalked it up to the Motorcoach Gremlins. We just knew that if we didn't leave today, we just wouldn't be going on this trip.(Lee later confirmed with Tiffin that we do indeed have a trickle charge feature but perhaps we had an issue with the amount of power being delivered to the genset)
So here I am drinking a glass of wine and getting ready for bed. Lee has already discussed tomorrow's drive to London, Ontario and impressed upon me the major role I play in navigation. I think I will need another drink. So off to Canada we go. And to all, a good night!!!

1 comment:

David said...

Glad to see you writing again ma! Try to post some pictures or a video when you have a chance!

Love you,
Dave