Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sonny's RV




Today was another interesting day in the life of the Griswolds. Originally we had a 10:00am appointment at Sonny's RV. So Lee and I went for breakfast at a sweet little place called The Chimacum Cafe. We definitely had what I would call a "truckers' breakfast" and it was sooooo delicious. I could only eat half of mine so I took the rest home for tomorrow. The cafe was just they type of place that my dear hi-four girls and I would get together over coffee and schmooz for hours (until the lunch crowd would come in!!) It was a Bagels and Things experience for me. I know that my girls will understand this reference. At any rate, Lee got a phone call that our service appointment would be delayed for about an hour which gave us even more time to enjoy the ambience of what could be my most favorite place so far.
When it was time to bring the coach in, Sammy and I (and all our "stuff") went to stay with Diane. While Diane was creating wonderful jewelry with soda can tops (and that is all I am going to say!!!!!), I was busy on my computer. We wound up having lunch with the guys since the appointment was delayed even further. So Brent drove us to Port Gamble where we enjoyed a lovely lunch in the General Store. We once again had some nice views even though it was wicked overcast and rainy at times.
Once Lee picked up the coach (after lunch) complete with eight new 12 volt batteries (which set us back a few pennies), Sammy and I returned to our "home" and settled in for the rest of the night. Before I end this post, I do want to say that when we got back to our site, Lee found that one of our jack hydraulic seals was leaking which now needs to be addressed. In addition, our refrigerator door would not close (thank goodness Lee had purchased additional clips just in case). When all else fails, one needs to put a sign on the door that says "Gone Fishin" and that is just exactly what Lee and Brent are going to do tomorrow.

No comments: