Sunday, July 1, 2018

And we're off to Alaska

Hello Lydia, Braydon, and Sophia,

Lee (Papa) and I (Bubbie) left bright and early this morning at 8:22am.....our starting mileage on the Motorcoach was 65,065 and we plan to add another 10,000+ miles round trip.  Wow...that's a lot of driving!
Our first destination was Verona, New York. The temperature was about 100 degrees.....thank goodness for air conditioning and a little shady area for Sammy outdoors.
If you look closely, you will see Sammy in the grass!  Can you see him???
After we set up with electricity and water, I had the opportunity to clean the coach and organize for the next day's travel....it had been a few months since I have had all the slides open so I could vacuum and wipe down the floors. Since Sammy was enjoying the outdoors with Papa, I had the coach to myself for a little while! We had a very relaxing evening....Papa and I can't believe we are really going to Alaska...tomorrow we have to pass through Ontario in order to get to Port Huron in the U.S. We will be most anxious to see what will happen at the border...we read all the literature about what we can and cannot bring into Canada....hopefully we won't be pulled over for an inspection....Stay tuned....I will have the details tomorrow! Nighty night!

No comments: